Friday, March 6, 2009

Good morning,
Those of you who have read my book, "Healing From the Inside Out" know of my high regard for Harry Edwards, the man whose gift of healing helped me to recover from severe illness. This was in 1970, when I was 20 years old and only beginning to consider the possibilities of a spirit realm as a result of this healing experience. Harry always claimed that he didn't work alone but was assisted by "spirit doctors", and so this put me on the trail. I became very interested in mediums and the amount of evidence they produced regarding the continuation of existence in another realm. I was and still am absolutely fascinated with it and yes, I do now believe that personality definitely survives death.
What I want to share with you today is something that Harry had written about in his books. He used to say that there was an even greater purpose to spiritual healing than healing the sick and that was to demonstrate to all mankind that they were in part spirit now. He explained that in order for any transmitter to successfully transmit something, there must be a receiver of the same frequency to receive it. For me to be able to receive and respond to energy directed to me from spirit, I would have to have a spirit component within myself capable of receiving the energy. As a result of this, I began to understand that the difference between me and the spirit doctors was that I was a spirit within a body and they were spirits without bodies. But the common thread was spirit.
I realize now that the best way I can have a relationship with Danny is to seek him through my spirit. My physical eyes will not see him but I can connect up with him through that common thread of spirit. And I believe that spirit speaks to us through many means. Through thoughts, feelings, dreams, intuitions, impulses, everything interior and of a spiritual nature, I can connect up with Dan. Healing From the Inside Out refers to healing that originates on the inside, on the spiritual level and works its way out into the physical. At one time I only conceived of this in terms of healing the physical body, but now I see that it is healing me again, in helping me to feel, hear and be connected to Danny now.
In my next post I will write about the running dialogue that can flood my mind from time to time, but most especially when I am profoundly sad.
Please consider opening a free gmail account so that you can add all the comments you want on this site. There are so many of us out there, let's open up the conversation! If you want to write to me, I can be emailed at either sheriperl@aol.com or sheriperl@gmail.com

Be well,
Love,
Sheri

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri,

    I am so happy you are doing this! I certainly wish I had known someone like you when my brother died.

    I once heard John Edward describe the communication between our world and the spirit world in terms of radio frequencies. Both sides try to get on the same frequency, but it's an effort, and either side can easily fade out.

    I'm happy that your son has people looking out for him in both worlds. And you prove that mother love is indeed stronger than death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri,

    What a great idea! Thank you for sharing this blog. I am attending an evening event here in San Diego on March 20th about mediums and the research that is being done about mediumship: (http://www.windbridge.org/sandiego.htm). Really looking forward to the possibilities! x Kat

    ReplyDelete