Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First greeting

Hi and good morning to all,
Thank you for your time and interest in my blog. I am hoping that this blog will bring many of us together to share our experiences with each other. Although anyone is welcome to read and comment on this site, primarily I am reaching out to other parents who, like myself, have lost a child.
My beautiful boy Danny died last summer on July 1, 2008. He was 22 years old and died of an overdose of prescriptions drugs and alcohol. Needless-to-say, we miss him everyday and only wish we could have kept him with us longer. I don't have to tell you what this feels like, for the pain is known all too well by all of us. However, that is not why I have started this blog. Although it is a large part of what motivates me, there are countless support groups for the sharing of pain and loss. This network is for parents who are interested in what I call, "Connecting up" and by that I mean interested in connecting with their child. This can be done through numerous means and I am not just referring to sitting with mediums, as valuable as that is. For those who are willing to consider the possibility that the essense of their child has not been destroyed and that their personality may have survived death, there is a way to open the channels that will allow you to have a relationship with your child. Not a physical one, that aspect of the relationship is over. Our children are no longer in physical bodies, but they have not been erased from the universe either. We simply have to learn to seek them where they dwell.
They exist now in a realm of spirit. We can connect up with them because we are also spirit now, while still in physical bodies. In my next blog I will write about how I know that I am, in part, spirit and why there is receptivity. I will also share my belief that our children are as greatly benefitted and uplifted by these connections as we are!
Please, sign your name, say hello. Lets us know your child's name a little about him or her. Share yourself and your experiences with me and others, for we are stronger together. I welcome you.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I'm so happy that you got this started. I wish you lots of luck and lots of love with this project. I know that this site is going to help so many people.

    ReplyDelete