Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hi,

Greetings to all. I hope everyone reading this will feel free to share their experiences with the rest of us. I do believe there is strength in numbers. Todays topic---A word of caution about mediums!

Those of you who know me know that I have been fascinated with the spirit world since 1970, when I was the recipient of a miraculous healing at the hands of the late British spiritual healer Harry Edwards and his team of "spirit doctors". Since that time I have read about mediums, studied with mediums, (Jane Roberts in particular---the medium who spoke for Seth) and I have pursued countless sessions with mediums. What I've come to see is...they ain't all born with it!

Practically all of my experiences with mediums have been gratifying and reassuring and I do believe that most of the mediums you will run across are sincere people with genuine gifts. But I offer a word of caution especially for those in a state of great bereavement because you need to protect yourself. I have two anecdotes to share along these lines.

One was an experience my son Aaron had recently. Aaron, the older brother of Dan, has taken his loss very hard. He, like the rest of us, wishes that they had more time together here on earth. Dan was the life of every party, the smile that brought sunshine into a room, the sense of humor that had you in stitches and the gift of being himself under all conditions! Dan was Dan, he was real...he didn't have a fake bone in his body.

Aaron has found comfort in maintaining a relationship with Dan now, through any means that they seem able to use to relate to each other. He is also very fortunate in that we have frequent sessions with the wonderful medium Glenn Dove, which are so very helpful. I think of these sessions as "long distance phone calls", or for short, "Glenn Calls" I know that all of us, on both sides, derive a tremendous amount of strength from them. But, Aaron also keeps his heart, his inner eyes and his inner ears wide open and so Dan is able to make his presence as well as his thoughts known. We can all do this.

Aaron and I have been reading a book entitled, "Raymond Or Life and Death" by Sir Oliver Lodge. Lodge, a renowned scientist in Britain, wrote this book about his communications with his son Raymond, who passed over as a young man, during the war. Lodge and his family explored contact with Raymond through many different mediums, finding that Raymod was Raymond, no matter who he came through. And so, Aaron and I decided to look into different mediums as a way of connecting up with Dan.

Up until last week, I can't say we had a bad experience. The mediums we sat with had varying styles and abilities, however they all provided true communications. Dan's personality is evident, the facts are accurate, it is all in keeping with what we know to be true. However, last week, Aaron had a phone session with a medium from California. I'd rather not mention his name, but I do want to say that he was highly recommended by a very gifted psychic who I have known for years and so maybe the medium just had an off day...but, that said:

He was wrong on everything...didn't get anything right. Danny died of an overdose...we had planes, car accidents, long hospitalizations...nothing stacked up. Aaron let him know that the information coming across was not accurate and it proceeded on in that way for a while. Finally the medium got angry and said that it was Aaron who was blocking the energy from coming through. Now, had this been Aaron's first experience with a medium it could have turned him away from this kind of communication altogether. It also could have been a source of much pain if Aaron was led to believe that in some way he was blocking communication with his brother. But fortunately Aaron knew much to the contrary, and they resolved to end the session and cancel mine.

Aaron, none-the-less, was disturbed by the session. Can you imagine how upsetting it would be if it your first experience with a medium. That is why I always recommend Glenn Dove of Baldwin N.Y. (516) 223-2567 He holds private sessions at his office and also does phone sessions for those people who cannot make the trip to Baldwin for $170.00. I know that some of you will say that you cannot afford it but I say, save up for one a year. If your kid were in France and not coming back, you'd find a way to call! Glenn calls have never failed me or anyone else that I have ever sent to him.

There is one additional anecdote that I would like to share this morning. A close friend of mine lost her daughter to Leukemia at the age of 25. During her daughter's illness, I took Mary out to Glenn Dove for a session as naturally, she was seeking direction. Sadly her daughter passed and Mary became even more interested in spiritualism. Of course she had sessions with Glenn Dove and her daughter came through, identifying herself through personality and knowledge of personal events that would matter to her mother. She spoke of her sister and accurately spoke of her illness of which she was now free. She expressed that she was fine and that this was her time to pass. It was about then that Mary and I decided to go on what I call "Ghost Hunts". We did a lot of what Aaron and I are doing now. Medium hopping.

Together we attended a big group session with Roland Comtois of Rhode Island and were fortunate to acquire private sessions with him. Again, Mary's daughter came through, fully herself, full of exuberance, worried far more for her family left behind. But again, the overall message was that Ginny was fine.

And then Mary heard of a medium who had helped a local father who's son had commited suicide. Apparently this man had seen the medium once a week for quite some time. Mary was curious and so we each made appointments. Boy, was I glad that I went that day with Mary. This medium told her that Ginny was angry that she passed so young and that she was in great pain about it, She then proceeded to tell Mary that if she could come in once a week that together they could help Ginny to work this out.

Mary came walking out of the session crying. That was a first. As we walked back to the train station and Mary filled me in about the contents of her session, I was outraged. There had been way too much information to the contrary to give this line of reasoning any creedence. None-the-less, it chilled Mary to the bones. "She is telling you what she thinks a 25 year old would feel, but Ginny is no longer limited to the perceptions of the 25 year old!" Even more disturbing is the idea of this medium making a living by bringing clients back week after week under the misconception that their child is suffering and needs them to do this in order to help them! First of all you can help them by sending them love anytime, and you don't need anyone else in the room to do that!

I could see where this would be believable to a parent who had lost a child through suicide. Although I believe in all cases, there is substancial support and care on the other side for those who have taken their lives, it is easy to imagine that someone who commited suicide would feel regret upon seeing the pain that their death has caused And so it is an easy catch, especially to a newcomer to spiritualism.

Mary decided to take my word for it, that this woman just might have ulterior motives, and decided to let it go. It just didn't sound like her daughter anyway. However, it was a painful experience and something we can all definitely live without!

So just be cautious, be aware and check your mediums out before hand... as best you can. Always know that if something feels really out of place to you, it probably is!

I send all my best wishes and love out to you, my friends and fellow parents!
Love,
Sheri

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this cautionary tale. I had my first session with a medium and it was wonderful, so now I want to do it again and again. I was holding a small turquoise swan that my brother Kenny gave me when I was 11, he was 13. The medium told me that this man (she didn't know his name) said that I was holding something in my hand, that it was green, and he was glad I still had it. Amazing! Looking forward to reading more from your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri, I wish there was a network of mediums that are posted on the internet that one can go to so we would all know that they are for real.
    I recently went to a medium that was highly recommended by people in my grief group.
    She read me so incredibley wrong, and didn't even know that I had lost my son.
    Maybe I should tell a medium at the beginning of our meeting that I had lost my son and want to contact him?
    I doon't know the proper way to handle this, is there a specific way that you do it?
    I've been to two mediums since Andrew has left this plain. The first time I saw someone was just about two weeks after he had died, and I did tell her, and she was able to contact him and knew his name and told me that he was confused and didn't know what had happened, and that he was only just beginning to realise he was no longer on this plain, and that when he saw the funeral and all his family and friends and assosiates that were there he realized what had happened and he was very distressed because he understood that so many people loved and cared for him. He said that if he had understood that so many people would be so hurt that he was no longer on this plain, that he would've been more careful with his life. She said she was sending her Archangele Michael to help guide him to his new environment, and that he was saying goodbye to me and that he would be in touch later, and he was no longer in pain and to tell everyone that he was okay.
    The next time I saw another medium, I did not tell her about Andrew's death, but she could see from my distress that I was there because of a loved ones dying and she immediately got that it was my son, and she was able to tell me many things about his death that I didn't already know but I will not discuss here. One of the things that she said he said near the end, was that Dora is here. And that was really remarkable, because Dora is my sister's mother-in-law whom had died a few months before Andrew. That was truly remarkable.
    So Sheri, if you could please advise us to the proper protocal, I would be truly grateful. Or how you handle this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheri B!
    I have some thoughts on this subject. You and I started seeing psychics annually soon after we meet. It was usually my birthday present :) thank you. I was with you on your first trip out to see Glenn Dove many years ago. On the way home you were totally jazzed, while I felt like I hadn't gotten any clear information at all.

    Do you remember the really interesting woman in China Town in a fourth floor walk up? I remember finding her to be right on and leaving feeling better about whatever the hell the issue of the day was. I still have a tarot card she gave me.

    My point being that there probably is a vibe between a medium and a client and the spirit. You and Glenn and Harry, Herman and now Dan seem to be easily and naturally aligned. I always presume that to hang out a PSYCHIC shingle takes some hutzpah and a strong believe that one has psychic abilities. My guess is that it's possible for someone to show up that you can't read at all, like Aaron and the CA psychic, maybe Dan stopped by his apt. and didn't like his vibe? Of course getting defensive and blaming Aaron is inexcusable as is the psychic that keeps parents coming weekly.
    Roz should go back to the woman in Hudson who read Andrew so well. She should take with her the necklace that Andrew regifted her on the 2nd anniversary of his passing. An object like that would make a strong connection for a psychic to work through.
    Final thought- my first psychic ever, (that I had a truly profound experience with in helping my murdered cousin make her transition) told Rick he would NEVER have to worry about money! We should have taken that to the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had an amazing session with one of the mediums who are connected to the Windbridge Institute: Dave Campbell. In 35 minutes he connected with both parents, my brother, my father in law and a dear cousin from Canada (he asked, "who is the Canadian connection"?). Here is the info if you are interested:

    http://www.windbridge.org/index.htm

    I recommend Dave at this link:

    http://theastrologystore.com/daves-readings.html

    I know there are many qualified mediums out there, but it's nice to know there are some who just "get it".

    Take good care!

    ReplyDelete